Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Amy and I went to the 10:30 P.M. Becoming Jane movie last week. Yes, it seemed like the middle of the night when it ended, and it about was. Amy was irritated over the ending. It took her a couple of days to get over it! My brain was barely clicking at that time of the night, so I didn't really get it all. I 'll be watching it again. Meanwhile, I've put every Jane Austen movie on hold at the library. Now, if I can just find the time to watch them!

Last weekend I finished the book Austenland by Utah author (and Newberry Honor winner) Shannon Hale. I loved it. I thought it was very well written, clever and witty. Shannon is becoming one of my favorite authors.

Are you a Jane Austen fan? Which of her books have you read? What about the movies?

7 comments:

Squirrel said...

I haven't read any of Shannon's books yet, but I want to read Austenland. I have read most of Jane Austen's books, but it was years ago, and I can't remember one from another to vote!

I am glad you liked Becoming Jane. I did too. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

ellen said...

well, let's go see it

Squirrel said...

Does it matter if anyone else reads our blogs? I don't post often enough on mine. I think you and I are the only ones that have time for this wonderful frivolous activity!

ellen said...

It's fine that it is just the two of us. Maybe when Marged retires and Wendy goes to St. George in the winter, they will have time, too.

Lisa H. said...

i read your blogs!

ellen said...

Thanks, Lisa. I appreciate it. You have quite a following on your blog. You always post such interesting things. Knowing you and Sue both read my blog, I'll try to update it more frequently.

Lisa H. said...

mom, you haven't posted anything for two months!